Monday 10 October 2011

Skills.


My experience with equipment in Year 12 will now enable me to further these skills this year and hopefully produce an outcome i am pleased with.

I produced a music magazine and the skills i needed to achieve this were:


-Photoshop

-Camera Shots


-Effects on the camera


-Computer Skills


-Organisation


I believe each one of these including organisation will help me with the music video our group have chosen to produce. Each skill I had learnt last year will now reflect on the work I am capable of doing this year.


During the course of my project last year, i learnt the skills to work both independently and within a group successfully. I feel this will help me this year as you have to have good people skills with whoever you get placed in a group with, also as well as working as a team I will be able to take on a role individually but also adapt the voices and opinions of my team members to combine our ideas into one place which will hopefully relate on the final project being of a high standard. I chose to work with people outside my friendship group which was a good idea as no complications would get in the way of my work and my full attention would be on my project.


I have also learnt to work efficiently to the time schedules that are set so I am given the opportunity to 'tweek' any final changes my work need to make to gain the highest quality possible.

I will be able to use the knowledge i obtained last year and adapt these qualities to help me on my project this year, even though i made a magazine in the previous year some of these features will stay the same. Things that will be similar as last year will be the target audience, how we represent the video, what ideas and issues are discussed and also conventions; there will be different conventions we will associate with different genre of music.

I have listed many things I have learnt from last year but at the end of the project i hope i develop on my creativity skills as this is what i felt i lacked on last year. To help me do this i will spend a lot of time planning and researching into music videos and ancillary texts that people have previously created; i feel this is more realistic when beginning my research as I can get a clear image of what people of my level have created in previous years.

Finally i wish to develop my skills on 'Photo shop', even though i did gain skills last year i believe with further lessons i will be able to gain more experience and create more of a clear understanding of this programme. Also 'Adobe Premiere Pro' is a programme i unfortunately didn't get to use last year, so i will stay after lesson for extra curriculum activities to further my skills and make sure i am a confident user of this before i begin creating my music video,


No comments:

Post a Comment